Monday, October 11, 2010

a farewell to eggs and toast

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.  Actually, it's more like my favorite meal of all day.  I could eat banana pancakes for breakfast, a bowl of cereal for lunch, and then my favorite dippy eggs with a Thomas' Everything Bagel Thin for dinner.  Sounds like a pretty well-rounded and nutritious day, huh?  Okay, so I don't really eat that everyday, but I could.  And with my husband working evenings for the six years we have lived together, eating eggs and toast was my easy way out.  Actually it was more like being lazy. Yep, that's exactly what it was!

Now that Jay has a super awesome new job where he gets to work from home, that means not only do we finally get to spend time together, but it also means that I cannot take the easy way out and make breakfast for dinner anymore (it's true... breakfast foods are definitely not on Jay's "favorite meals" list.)  I might be able to squeeze in french toast or pancakes every once in a while.... but it will be more like twice a year, not twice a week like I am used to.

We loved to cook on the rare occasions that we had a night off together, so I thought I'd start this blog to keep track of all the yummy dinners we are going to make.  Sometimes the entire recipe will be homemade, and sometimes it will be semi-homemade... it all depends what we feel like doing.  The main goal is a scrumptious meal... and maybe slightly healthy too.  We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment